Portal User Guides
Portal User Guides that cover account management and the initial registration process are available below. For Program-specific user guides, please see individual Program pages.
PPA Portal User Guide - New User Registration (PDF - 1.65MB)
Portal User Guide - Authorised Persons (PDF - 261.68kB)
Portal User Guide - User Profile (PDF - 790.23kB)
PPA Portal User Guide -Service History Checker (PDF - 458.03kB)
Portal User Guide - HMR Cap Usage Checker (PDF - 744.42kB)
PPA Portal User Guide Integration and API User Keys (PDF - 624.42kB)
PPA Portal User Guide - Remittance Advices (PDF - 798.08kB)
PPA Portal User Guide - Summary Reports (PDF - 1.43MB)
PPA Portal User Guide - Locating your PPA Service Provider ID (PDF - 206.64kB)
If you feel there were exceptional circumstances that were outside your control with regard to the handling of your claim, you can request a review of your claim under an Exceptional Circumstances process.
To begin this process, you must comprehensively outline your situation in an Exceptional Circumstances Request Form, attach any additional information to substantiate your claim, and email your request to the Support Centre at email@example.com. We will refer all requests to the Department of Health and Aged Care for their consideration.
The Exceptional Circumstances process can take up to 30 days to be completed and you may be required to provide further evidence to substantiate your position. Please note that this process is for exceptional circumstances only.
Generally, this avenue is for issues that were outside your control. Reasons such as forgetting to lodge claims, not being aware of the Program Rules, and taking holidays without planning for claims in your absence are unlikely to be accepted.
Please note that services performed during the Sixth Community Pharmacy Agreement are no longer eligible to be submitted as Exceptional Circumstance requests. Requests will only be sent to the Department of Health and Aged Care for services completed on or after 1 July 2020.
Exceptional Circumstances Resources
Exceptional Circumstances Request Form (DOCX - 92.58kB)
Pharmacy Relocation DAA Cap Reinstatement Request Form (PDF - 121.16kB)
Information for Vendors of Pharmacy Software
The Pharmacy Programs Administrator (PPA) is aware that many pharmacies and other registered service providers use a range of software packages to manage their operations and record information in relation to the services they provide. Due to the real-time validation functionality that has been built into the PPA Registration and Claiming Portal (Portal) to enable ‘fast track’ payments, claiming data cannot be uploaded in a spreadsheet format.
In order to enhance the claiming experience for pharmacies and other service providers, the PPA has developed an API for some programs to enable interested software vendors to integrate their software with the PPA Portal for claiming purposes.
This approach will potentially reduce:
- Time associated with data entry
- Risk of error when transferring or entering data.
We currently offer an API for following programs:
- MedsCheck and Diabetes MedsCheck
- Home Medicines Reviews (HMRs) – initial service claims (not follow-up claims)
- COVID-19 Vaccination in Community Pharmacy (CVCP)
- Residential Medication Management Reviews (RMMRs) – initial service claims (not follow-up claims)
- Opioid Dependence Treatment (ODT) Community Pharmacy Program – ODT Staged Supply and Injection claims.
At this stage we do not have set dates on when APIs may be offered for other programs however, interested vendors can be added to our contact list if they wish to be kept up to date with any new developments.
If you would like to be included on the list of software vendors that we contact, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide:
- Software company name
- Contact name
- Phone number
- A brief overview of:
- Your software. For example, is it professional services software, booking software, dispensing software, something else entirely?
- The relevant program/s you are interested in potentially integrating with
- Whether your software is currently being used by any pharmacies/businesses and if so how many?
Please ensure you complete the details listed above in your enquiry.
The Integration Process
Once we have your details, we can provide you with:
- Public API specification documents, data dictionaries and a a guide to setting up your API Vendor Profiles
- Details for our Sandbox Testing Environment so you can test your solution
- API Licence Services Agreement.
Please note before being provided with access to the Live Production environment software vendors must:
- Have an executed API Licence Services Agreement
- Provide the PPA with a demonstration of their software solution
- Have rectified any issues identified by the PPA during the demonstration.
Archived Program Resources
From 1 February 2019, all claims and applications must be submitted to the Pharmacy Programs Administrator. The Pharmacy Guild were responsible for processing and paying claims it received up to and including 31 January 2019, including subsequent resubmissions in relation to those claims.
Pharmacy Programs Administrator General Terms and Conditions (PDF - 269.54kB)
Complaints Policy (PDF - 166.26kB)
PPA Annual Satisfaction Survey 2019 (PDF - 1.86MB)
DVA-number-format-factsheet (PDF - 127.52kB)
Community Pharmacy Service Charter (PDF - 300.95kB)
Customer Service Statement - Sample (MSWORD - 39kB)
Customer Service Statement - Template (DOCX - 13.46kB)